Are you looking for the best roofing shingles to preserve your property while also giving it a fresh new look???
Roofing Shingles are available in a number of designs. The aesthetic and practical features of various materials vary. This implies that the longevity, durability, and cost-effectiveness of your roof will all be determined by the type you select!
What Are the Different Roofing Shingle Types?
Asphalt Roofing Shingles:
- Asphalt is one of the most often used roofing materials. They come in a number of shapes and colours, as well as varied thicknesses, to give your home a unique appeal.
- These roofing shingles are both inexpensive and simple to install, so you can have a roof for your home without breaking the bank!
- While they are relatively simple to install, they do necessitate annual maintenance, which may be a hassle for homeowners. They are, nonetheless, one of the greatest roof shingles for any house.
- Lifespan of asphalt roofing shingles : 20-22 years
Slate Roofing Shingles:
- Slate roofing shingles are extremely stunning, giving any home a deep, rich look and a sense of old-world grandeur.
- From the components to the installation process, they’re unlike any other roofing material on the market today.
- Slate is generally thought to be a very durable material, but it’s also quite heavy, therefore most slate roofing shingles require additional support to compensate for the extra weight. As a result, constructing a slate roofing shingles may be more costly than installing a roof constructed of another material.
- They’re low-maintenance and can survive for decades, but they’re also incredibly expensive!
- Lifespan of slate roofing shingles : 50 years
Metal Roofing Shingles:
- In recent years, metal roofing shingles and roofs have grown quite fashionable.
- Metal roofing shingles are the most expensive roofs, but they’re frequently thought to be the most cost-effective in the long run for a variety of reasons.
- To begin with, metal roofing shingles outlast asphalt shingles, making them the best roofing shingles available.
- They’re extremely long-lasting and require little to no upkeep over time, making them a very cost-effective alternative for both homeowners and professionals.
- Lifespan of metal roofing shingles : 40 to 80 years
Wood Roofing Shingles:
- Wood shake roofing shingles are an excellent alternative if you want both the beauty and the durability of natural wood.
- These roofing shingles are installed similarly to 3 tab roofing shingles.
- Furthermore, they provide a choice of thicknesses and lengths, allowing you to customize the design of your roof.
- If properly maintained, wood shake roofing shingles can last for decades. They do, however, necessitate professional installation and are among the most costly roofing shingles to buy and install.
- Lifespan of wood roofing shingles : 20 years
Architectural Roofing Shingles:
- If you want to create a roof that looks authentic, architectural shingles are the finest choice.
- These roofing shingles resemble hand-laid cedar shakes in appearance, but they are mold-resistant and come in a variety of patterns, colours, and textures.
- While they are more expensive than regular 3-tab roofing shingles, they are far more resilient and long-lasting, making the investment well worth it.
- Lifespan of architectural roofing shingles : 30 to 50 years
Solar Roofing Shingles:
- They can compliment practically any building decor because they appear like ordinary roofing shingles and available in a variety of sizes and shapes.
- They do away with the need for a vast installation space, which is required by standard solar panels.
- It’s easy to set up and doesn’t take long.
- To cover vast or complex roofs, they can be coupled with traditional roofing shingles.
- They are competitive with regular panels as a newer technology, producing roughly 13-17 watts of electricity.
- They can endure high winds, heavy snow, and hail when correctly built.
- Lifespan of solar roofing shingles : 30 years
3-Tab Roofing Shingles:
- The most classic form of roofing shingle is asphalt roofing shingles, often known as 3 Tab roofing shingles. Asphalt roofing shingles are normal, single layer roofing shingles.
- They’re made up of three tabs that are all the same size, shape, and colour, and they have a sleek, classy appearance. On an asphalt roofing shingles, 3 Tab roofing shingles are laid flush against the underlayment.
- These asphalt roofing shingles are slightly lighter and less expensive than dimensional architectural shingles.
- We don’t advocate this type of roofing shingle for roof replacements since the cost savings don’t justify the loss of protection provided by an architectural roofing shingle.
- 3-tab roofing shingles are designed to appear seamless, which makes them more difficult to install due to their smooth appearance.
- Despite the fact that the roofing shingle is less expensive, having them installed on your roof will cost the same as having laminate roofing shingles done.
- Lifespan of 3-tab roofing shingles : 20 years