SOLAR Roof Tiles
What are Solar roof tiles?
Solar roof tiles provide an alternative to traditional solar panels. Solar tiles are part of the roof itself, rather than being installed on an existing roof using a rack system, allowing rooftop and solar systems to be combined into a single component for new construction and large scale. It will be a viable option for refurbishment. Solar roof tiles are also known as solar roof tiles.
For existing buildings, the main drawback of solar singles is that part of the roof needs to be removed for installation. It is also more expensive than traditional solar panels. However, if a new roof or roof expansion is planned anyway, solar tiles can achieve lower costs than the sum of regular roofs and solar panels.
Solar tiles work in the same way as photovoltaic modules that are already widely used in construction. The main difference between them lies in the installation method. While PV modules are mounted on existing roofs, solar tiles are part of the roof structure from the beginning and replace traditional roof covers.
Roof tiles consist of solar cells that, when exposed to sunlight, generate an electric field that can provide electrical energy for use within the building. Each tile is connected to the distribution board with a cable.
Why choose solar roof tiles in kerala??
Tiles consist of solar cells that, when exposed to sunlight, generate an electric field that can provide electrical energy for use within a building. Each tile is connected to the distribution board with a wire.
The amount of energy harvested from solar energy is directly related to the amount of sunlight the tile is exposed to. Of course, it has to do with the climate and location of the project. Sunny days are naturally more energy efficient than cloudy days.
What are the Advantages of solar roof tiles?
- Solar tiles are an incredible supply of renewable power for areas with excessive sun incidence.
- They are visually extra appealing and discreet than conventional photovoltaic panels for the reason that they’re a part of the roof layout and now no longer mounted later. There are a few sun tile alternatives that even mimic the arrival of slate stone tiles or ceramic tiles, going absolutely unnoticed.
- They are an excellent alternative for the rehabilitation of homes in conservation and/or in historic areas (whilst changes are authorized).
What are the disadvantages of solar roof tiles?
- They are new on the market and therefore even more expensive than traditional solar modules.
- There are still few manufacturers of solar tiles, and few skilled workers install them. Some of the largest manufacturers on the market are Tesla Solar, Hanaji and Eternit.
- Unlike solar panels, they cannot be installed at angles other than the original roof design, which can make it more difficult to optimize the efficiency of energy harvesting. However, this is useful if the roof is properly designed for the purpose and the tiles are taken into account in the actual concept of the project.
What are the different patterns available for solar roof tiles??
- Solar clay roof tiles
- Solar ceramic roof tiles
Solar Clay Roof Tiles
Clay roofing tiles are very popular on modern homes looking for a Spanish villa style aesthetic. Clay tiles are relatively affordable compared to other tile roofing options, very easy to maintain, and are very durable lasting up to 100 years when well maintained.
Solar Ceramic Roof Tile
Ceramic roof tiles are the most commonly used roof tiles. They are available in different color options. Less likely to be fragile
Types of solar ceramic roof tiles
Solar Flat 5-XL Ceramic Roof Tiles
Solar Flat 10-XL Roof Tile