Solar Roofing Shingles
Solar roofing shingles are a novel technology that mimics the appearance of regular asphalt roofing shingles on your roof. They protect your roof and have the same durability and flexibility as ordinary roofing shingles, while also generating power for your home using the sun’s solar energy.
Depending on the brand of solar roof shingles, each solar roofing shingle will provide between 13 and 63 watts of energy. Solar roofing shingles are lightweight and simple to install, and they are intended to endure rain, wind, and hail just like regular roofing shingles.
Why you should choose solar roofing shingle technology
When deciding between regular solar panels and solar roofing shingles for your roof, You should carefully weigh the benefits and drawbacks of each option.
Advantages of solar roofing shingles
- More aesthetic and stylish than traditional bulky and unattractive solar panels, and can easily blend into your existing roof design
- If you are building a new home or replacing your roof, solar roofing shingles can prove to be more cost effective as you will save on traditional roofing materials and labor.
- Solar roofing shingles can often be removed and reinstalled in case you need to move house.
Disadvantages of solar roofing shingles
- Perhaps not all solar roofing shingles installers offer solar roofing shingles, because they are still catching up in acceptance and popularity
- Not all types of solar roofing shingles can be installed on existing roofs
- If you choose advanced options, such as Tesla solar roofing shingles, you will likely need to build a new roof, and the installation time may also be relatively longer.