SBS means styrene-butadiene-styrene, it is a rubberized polymer. This substance is typically blended with standard asphalt, which is used in the manufacture of roofing shingles. This will impart a rubber-like quality to the finer product. The modified roof shingle will be able to flex and resist damage, particularly when subjected to various external forces. This will help to ensure that the shingles are of higher quality and last longer.
What is SBS Bitumen Roofing Shingles??
SBS modified bitumen roofing is a material consisting of asphalt and synthetic rubber that is extremely flexible, making it an excellent choice for flat roofs. The material is less likely to shatter and be damaged by factors such as ice and sunlight. Furthermore, contemporary building materials are more susceptible to micro-movements due to their lighter nature. The roof must be flexible in order to move with the building and stay in good form, which is why SBS modified bitumen is a smart choice. Many producers utilize glass, polyester, or composite reinforcements, and this material performs best on low-slope commercial roofs.
Roof shingles of the SBS quality are more impact resistant. Roof shingles with a better impact resistance are less prone to damage and have a longer lifespan. Because you don’t want to change your roof tile for a long time, as the roof shingles get more durable, they become more cost-effective.
Advantages of SBS Bitumen Roofing Shingles
- All forms of flat roofing applications are compatible, but they can also be used to waterproof car park decks, bridge decks, green roofs, and other structures.
- Resistance to the most severe weather conditions, such as High and low temperatures, rain, snow, ice, and the freeze-thaw process
- The high-quality SBS bitumen blend, combined with a high-performance reinforcement, provides dimensional stability, enables the waterproofing system to accommodate building movement.
- SBS bitumen membrane has a remarkable life expectancy; even after aging, it retains its pliability and elasticity, making it the ideal flat roof solution.
- In comparison to other flat roof coverings, it has a high resistance to mechanical damage and puncturing. Depending on the traffic requirements of the surface, extreme resistance variants are available.
- Depending on the specification and suitability, installation is simple and can be accomplished using a variety of methods, including torch-applied, mechanically fixed, or adhered.
- The installation of a strong, multilayer, built-up felt SBS modified bituminous waterproofing system provides the building owner with security and peace of mind.
- When installing factory-produced rolls of SBS modified bitumen, quality control is increased.